Thursday, March 25, 2010

Childhood Obesity: An Editorial From The Count


Never one at a loss for Hyperbole CNN Log Cabin 360 has a 90 part series Children In Peril Childhood Obesity. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Children are not eating any worse today than they have ever eaten. So why are our kids fat? They get home and they park their asses in front of a computer screen or TV screen. Who goes outside and plays football anymore that is what Madden 2010 is for. I don't expect CNN however to place the blame on either.

Just to give one example. I watched game 6 of the 2008 NBA finals between the Celtics and Lakers with my nephew. After watching something like that when I was his age I would have grabbed a Basketball and shot some hoops. He said I'm going downstairs and playing NBA on the PS3.

No comments:

Total Pageviews