Friday, January 30, 2009

Note To Maddow: Stop Talking About Sports

I have to say it I really do not like Rachel Maddow. There's no law that says you have to like the people you agree with politically on tv and radio is there? The two times I have watched her since the election she has made a bigger ass of herself than she did during the election and she was so bad that night I didn't think she could be topped. Anywho first Rach was outraged over the 100-0 high school girls basketball game in Dallas. Now it's easy to jump to conclusions when you hear about a Christian girls school beating a team made up with girls with learning disabilities 100-0 and there was enough of an outrage that the winning coach was fired. But the facts suggest he should not have been. He stopped pressing when his team was up 25-0 in the first quarter. His team only shot 4 3 pointers for the game 3 coming in the first half. He had 8 players on his squad meaning after his 5 starters he had 3 bench players meaning he couldn't completely sub. and I am sure that the 3 bench players got tired and needed to be subbed out and who else could the coach put in? As a coach the last thing you ever tell a team to do is quit. You fall into bad habits in up coming games that you do not want to fall into. Short of going over and saying let's call the game at halftime It sounds as if this coach did all he could and all he could wasn't near enough. This didn't stop Maddow of course. I can't tell you how many games I have seen on all levels where a team was accused of running up the score by some idiot who only saw the score and not the actual game.

Now tonight she was outraged because John McCain turned down Barack Obama's invitation to watch the Superbowl. His reasoning, which I totally understand, is he wants to watch the game and he doesn't want a lot of bullshit distracting him. My guess is the man is a serious Cardinals fan and dpesn't want distractions. Maddow, whom I am guessing has not a clue about being a sports fan was again outraged. I have news for her. Friends of the Count know not to invite him to parties to watch Nebraska. They know if they go watch the game at the Count's place they are there to watch football. If they are there to bullshit and piss around they will be shown the door. Plus givin McCain's personality I am guessing he is one who adds little editorial comments like "that call was complete bullfuck" and "Motherfucker who were you throwing that too?" again I totally and completely understand. Don't forget this is the same McCain who refers to his wife as a cunt. While I have never called my wife a name like that and never would I have been known to warn her "Once kickoff starts the bullshit blah blah blah stops or it goes to the kitchen" when she was talking about everything under the sun. Then of course she keeps talking and I leave the room to watch the game alone :)

There's a rule with the Count as it pertains to Nebraska football. Unless you know him, unless you know what to expect from him don't go watching the game with him. I suspect that McCain is the same way and I can't say I blame him. If Obama asked me to the White House to watch the Superbowl I would go. Mainly because I don't give a shit about the game. If he invited me to watch The 2009 Gator Bowl I would say respectfully thanks but no thanks like McCain.

Anyway I have given up on Maddow.

Late Edit: Nothing to do with the rest of the thread but R.I.P. To Ingemar Johansson. 1932-2009.

Ingemar Johansson ( 22 September 1932 - 31 January 2009 ) is a retired Swedish boxer and former heavyweight champion of the world. He defeated Floyd Patterson to win the World Heavyweight Championship. As a result, Johansson won the Hickok Belt as top professional athlete of the year in 1959 and was named the Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year and Sports Illustrated magazine's "Sportsman of the Year".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I like Rachel on the whole. But I tend to agree with Ana Marie Cox on this one that it's really not that big a deal. Give McCain the remote and let him spend the day as he prefers. Goodness knows I wouldn't want to spend my leisure time around him.

Total Pageviews