Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Did The Media Really Slam Sarah Palin?

I was just reading this article on 538 where Nate Silver quotes a rightwing blogger Ace of Spades as saying:

I don't like this interview. I was trying to figure out why. I think I know. Even though it's interesting to know about Palin's reaction to her mistreatment by the media, I think we are now getting well oversaturated on such personal stuff. It's too much the Heroine's Tale, which is nice and all, but we're ultimately looking for a leader, not someone with a tale of hardship.

The media screwed her -- this is obvious. Maybe she should just move past such questions -- not letting them off the hook, but also not dwelling on them -- and make her interviewers focus on substantive, political questions.

I, of course, love to slam the media for its bias. A lot of readers and commenters love it too. I'm just not sure if it's a very savvy use of Sarah Palin's time to comment upon it herself.

Nate Silver then goes on to say...


I think we can acknowledge that Palin had a rough go of things with the media.

I can't. How did the media give Sarah Palin a hard time? By asking her tough hard hitting questions like What Newspapers and Magazines do you read? It's the media's fault she doesn't read and couldn't answer the question?



No comments:

Total Pageviews