Is Obama an idiot?
…the flip side is I think that the United States and the West generally, we have to educate ourselves more effectively on Islam. And one of the points I want to make is, is that if you actually took the number of Muslims Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.
We have 57 States and we’re one of the largest Moslem nations in the world…this from the supposed genius known as Barack Obama. Ok, I’ve played along for a while now, but I don’t want to play anymore - I want to know if Obama is just a moron who can read a speech well off the teleprompter. I want him given an IQ test, in public. I want to quiz him, personally, on some of the basic facts of history. I don’t trust this guy to know poop from shinola, anymore.
To be fair, the number of Muslims living in the United States is unknown, as Wikipedia states:
There is no accurate count of the number of Muslims in the United States, as the U.S. Census Bureau does not collect data on religious identification. There is an ongoing debate as to the true size of the Muslim population in the US. Various institutions and organizations have given widely varying estimates about how many Muslims live in the U.S. These estimates have been controversial, with a number of researchers being explicitly critical of the survey methodologies that have led to the higher estimates. Others claim that no scientific count of Muslims in the U.S. has been done, but that the larger figures should be considered accurate. Some journalists have also alleged that the higher numbers have been inflated for political purposes. On the other hand, some Muslim groups blame Islamophobia and the fact that many Muslims identify themselves as Muslims but do not attend mosques for the lower estimates.
The following are a few of these disputed estimates:
* 1.1 million (2001) City University of New York - American Religious Identification Survey [0.5% of national adult population]
* 1.6 million (2000) Glenmary Research Center [0.5% of national population]
* 1.8 million (2007) 0.6% of population (2007 est.) The World Factbook
* 1.9 million (2001) American Jewish Committee [0.6% of national population]
* 2.0 million (2000) Hartford Institute for Religious Research [0.7% of national population]
* 2.4 million (2007) Pew Research Center
* 4.7 million (2005) Encyclopædia Britannica Book of the Year [1.5% of national population]
* 6-7 million (2001) Council on American-Islamic Relations - The Mosque in America: A National Portrait
* 6.7 million (1997) J. Ilyas Ba-Yunus [2.2% of national population]
* 7 to 8 million (2008) Newsweek
But onto the hypocrisy at hand: Mark, you're calling Barack Obama an idiot?
This is coming from someone who supported a president who made it a habit of butchering the English language constantly?