Wednesday, January 23, 2008

If We Could Talk With The Animals


Thanks to pressure from activists groups and the government who decided that more low income people need houses.

No sir. Even with my tiny business degree I knew most of these people would fail.
I would say minority activist groups but then the HOunds would get their thongs in a wad and roll out the "racist" card.

It certainly does have to do with the government.
The bottom line, though, is this. Home ownership is the vessel most likely to lift the poor out of poverty. Thus it is the true embodiment of the American Dream. We will all have to pay for the consequences of the current housing crisis regardless of whose fault it is. We can boo-hoo all we want about the distastefulness of bailing out these homeowners via subsidies or some form of remedy that may have the end result of higher taxes. Or, we can play the social Darwinism game and let them lose their homes. Then, we will have to pay for rental subsidies, shelter costs and funding for more social programs and of course, more prisons. Choose your poison.
non_prophet | 01.23.08 - 2:50 pm | #

We survived the great depression. We'll surive this.
I believe he meant we as in the United States, which is technically true, although it was a different U.S. back then.

3 comments:

Anthony Barnes said...

Nice blog. I have to take offense, however, about my post being listed with conservative trolls like "Hound Watcher." Please take note of my comment history on Newshounds. You will see that I am a full-blooded progressive.

non_prophet

Anonymous said...

Anothony: I just re-read your comment and honestly I am not sure why it's posted. I can tell you that 2 days ago the trolls were thick and when posting an abundance of quotes I do sometimes make a mistake. Also some times a troll will quote a regular and that quote will get posted as part or the trolls response.

I am very sorry you took offense.

Anthony Barnes said...

No biggie, Count. Again, nice blog.

Total Pageviews