Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cryogentics Is Not For Me

I just finished watching the HBO documentary on Ted Williams and as many of you know I am not a baseball guy but I had to comment on one aspect of Williams' story, his afterlife.

Now for those of you who don't know the story here it is briefly. Williams will stated he wanted to be cremated. After he died his two youngest children produced a napkin with a statement on it saying they wanted to be frozen and then brought to back to life as a family when Science figures these things out. Now I am not going to argue who I think is telling the truth in this matter but I can tell you my own personal view.

Fuck cryogenics. You were put on this earth to live a set amount of years that usually total less than 100. None of us knows for sure when we will breath our last. But when we do breath our last I believe we were intended to breath our last. I have no problem with my organs going on and bringing forth a better life for somebody else who could use them after I have departed this world. But the thought of someone someday defrosting a 237 year old Count quite frankly angers me more than it freaks me out.

I am not a believer in cloning nor am I a believer in freezing our dearly departed so someday we can be stuck in a microwave and thawed out like Sam McGee.

No comments:

Total Pageviews