Sunday, April 6, 2008

Moses Dead At 84


http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hIhnqF6LygGpQ54CQdntp6c74tTwD8VSHEV81

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Charlton Heston, the Oscar winner who portrayed Moses and other heroic figures on film in the '50s and '60s and later championed conservative values as head of the National Rifle Association, has died. He was 84.

The actor died Saturday night at his home in Beverly Hills with his wife Lydia at his side, family spokesman Bill Powers said. He declined to comment on the cause of death or provide further details.

"Charlton Heston was seen by the world as larger than life. He was known for his chiseled jaw, broad shoulders and resonating voice, and, of course, for the roles he played," Heston's family said in a statement.

Heston revealed in 2002 that he had symptoms consistent with Alzheimer's disease.

With his large, muscular build, well-boned face and sonorous voice, Heston proved the ideal star during the period when Hollywood was filling movie screens with panoramas depicting the religious and historical past.

"I have a face that belongs in another century," he often remarked.

Rest In Peace Moses. I am sure for somebody you were good for something.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post honoring someone that passed away you piece of shit.

You have no class.

Anonymous said...

? So I have no class because I made a post honoring somebody who passed away?

You family values folks sure are weird.

Anonymous said...

It was what you posted at the end that I thought was tasteless

Rest In Peace Moses. I am sure for somebody you were good for something.

Anonymous said...

Well That is more than I am sure I can say for you.

Anonymous said...

RB,I don't think what Count said was so bad. Hell,not everyone liked Heston. Hells I'm sure Heston didn't much care for some folks either.

Personally I liked the guy fairly well. I thought he pandered too much to the nuttiest gun owners during his stint as head of the NRA,but that's just my opinion. As a firearms owner myself,I think that he did some good there. The Eddie Eagle program comes to mind.

Anyways,RIP Mr. Heston. We didn't always see eye to eye,but I wish you a peaceful sleep.

Anonymous said...

If this was left by the ranger then I really don't give 2 shits about "offending" him.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was. It sounded like a miffed RB.

Admittedly,I could be wrong.

Total Pageviews