Sunday, February 17, 2008

And Now The Time Is Right

http://www.newshounds.us/2008/02/19/send_money.php

Got five bucks? Got ten? Fifty? Been a regular for years? Spend hours on the site every day, every week? Never contributed a stinkin' dime? Send money, whatever you can spare. For all intents and purposes we work for free, but we'd rather not. Come on! If you love us, support us!

Click the "Make a Donation" button to the right of this post and relieve your guilt.

Sorry Melanie the answer is no and no I don't feel guilty about it. I guess my quilt was eased away when one of the mods told me and others that they would say "good riddance" if their new policies drove away some regulars. After all, as they are quick to point out, it was their blog not ours. The shame of it there are still so many people doing such good work in the site. Siobhan on off topic, Donna on the mains, MT before she was let go. I don't even have a problem with Melanie other than her ignorant show of solidarity with Chrish and her middle finger to the regulars to the site. Now she wants us to contribute money after she wouldn't let us post of threads?
If my posts aren't good enough for your blog my money isn't either.

I am not calling on a boycott and wouldn't pretend to have the power to pull one off if I was, but I do know that there are serious problems on Newshounds not the least of which is the board now is saddled with it's own version of Hannity and O'Reilly who are destroying it from with in I would ask regulars to keep this in mind when they think about donating.

For the record I will post this on Newshounds. I don't believe anything I typed was rude, vulgar or even argumentative it's just the way I feel and I suspect here may be plenty others as well. I don't think this post will stay up but hey letting them know how I feel eases my quilt as well.

Late Edit. They aren't allowing comments on the thread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Relieve your guilt and let us know that what we do, and the fact that we're here, matters to you."

Ahhh, Count, you forgot to post my favorite part of the 'request'.

Yes, I must be guilty for smiting that troll that I did. And then there were all those 'double-entendre' conversations with Bob S. Oh, please, please make me forget the time when I lurked the site wearing nothing but my underwear.
Oh, God, tell me how much money I need to send to relieve my pain and help assuage this horrible guilt I feel.
And, thank you for being there for all of us when we needed the discipline and humiliation that we deserved so mightily.

Total Pageviews