Saturday, August 11, 2007

The View From My Ass


A New Look On My LJ.

First Order of business The Count has to take care of is to thank his great friend Diana for the new Live Journal layout. If you are one of the 3 reading this on the LJ you have seen it already. If you are one of the 4 reading this on the blog and want to see what "The Castle looks like now...

http://stephist.livejournal.com

It's no secret I have a deep appreciation for The Paleta Sisters, Thank you again Diana.

Trolls Posting Personal Information


This week there has been a troll who has been posting the personal information of the moderators on the main boards. This bothered me because here there has been a troll who has posted what he thinks is my personal information. In My case I am lucky because the 2nd grade drop out has got the wrong person. Apparently This particular Einstein finds it hard to believe that there are two people in this world who are both Nebraska Cornhusker fans and named Steve/Stephen and the fact that I happened to have downloaded a countdown from this other Steve's blog means nothing to him. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that the fool who is trolling my blog bothering not only myself but some innocent family man in Maryland whose only crimes are running a Nebraska blog and being named Steve was the same fool who was posting the full names addresses and phone numbers of the moderators at Newshounds. To quote Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher Larry Holmes could have figure it out.

I posted one of the particularly insulting posts from the doppleganger troll on this board. http://rangerbobfriends.blogspot.com/2007/08/who-are-28.html

I posted this leaving on the name the troll used to sign the post which was a mistake but after I posted it we had a storm which took away the cable connection for the internet and I couldn't log back on. When I finally got back on I received an email from the Mod which stated more or less that she wanted me to stop talking to the trolls and could I take off her name from my blog which I did. This is one issue that I side with mods 100% on and I believe that the same fool who is posting the information of Not only people who probably don't even have a clue what Newshounds is posting the personal information of the women who are running the site. I can certainly understand the moderators frustration and anxiety over this problem but as is always the case whenever the Mods have a troll problem they can not deal with they do what they inexplicably always do...take out their frustration on the regulars.

Newshounds Vs Count Istvan


As Frank Sinatra would say there isn't much that I have learned through all my foolish years but one thing I have learned is that sometimes it's best not to put speak your thoughts or put them down on paper when you are too pissed to think straight. I decided to wait a day to write this. because I don't think in this particular case that I am wrong and If I would have wrote this last night being the temperamental jackass that I am No matter how right I think I am now... I would have said something that would have made me wrong for sure.

Before I begin I hope I don't offend any of the regular posters of Newshounds and I want to repeat something I have said a million times and will say a million more. I LOVE the job the Newshounds ladies do. I think it's incredibly hard work and there is no real reward from watching a bunch of 6th grade Monkeys run a news channel. As you know I have had my run-ins with the Newshound ladies before and they decided, as is their right, to ban me. I didn't like it and I didn't agree with it at the time but now looking back at it in hindsight they weren't wrong in their decision I concede this fact 100% but last night the behavior and attitude of one particular Newshounds moderator was in my opinion not only wrong but insulting and shows how they truly view the people who support their hard work.

It started innocently enough a thread was started entitled...

Couple Dead in Murder-Suicide After They Were Featured on The O'Reilly Factor


In this thread the mod ends the article with this...
"Note to trolls: This does not translate into support for child molestation, for chrissake."

I was the first to respond on the thread and responded by saying "troll support for child molestation is one of many things that separated them from us"

Was it a smart-ass thing to say? Yes.
Do I believe all trolls are Child molesters No.
Was it In the best taste? No.
Do I feel bad for posting it? No.

Even if the Trolls aren't child molesters themselves odds are they are supporting one.
http://www.armchairsubversive.org

Oh boy did it trigger the faux outrage. The Most outraged was Michael. Why are all the dumb-asses on the board named Bob or Michael? Anyway I digress, Michael was just outraged at my post! outraged I tell you! Funny enough even though he claimed to be a long time lurker this post from earlier in the night didn't bother him...

You're the ones who are guilty of dividing this country,not us.You're the ones who have turned this war on terrorism into a partisan political issue. I'll tel you what roachman. I have a constructive idea for you . Go fuck yourself . Get off my blog, you fucking commie jew nigger-loving homo mother fucker.... "I'm not surprised you agreed with him. Just like him you seem to have no problems with regulars being told to "fuck off". You have the same selective outrage Michael does. Take a look at the names I and others get called sometimes. You will find I am tame."

The questions still stand. where are the Mods when regulars are being called names on a nightly basis? Why can't they conjure up the same outrage when 2008 or Enrico are spamming up the board that they do when I post something defending them or myself? Now I really didn't want to think that the mods, or this mod in particular, don't care about the people who support their work but it's hard not to think that when the mod herself says in so many words that she doesn't that's what her second email was about. After our email exchange this mod proved that above all else she is petty. She went and erased every post that I had written in the thread above the one in question in even though none of my posts on the thread were insulting or directed towards a troll.

I guess The mods have to do what they have to do and it's their right to run their board the best way they know how. Even if that is referring to your supportive regulars as a little "cyber-clique" and embracing the trolls. I mention in the last VFMA that I stopped my monthly donation to DU to contribute to Newshounds because I believe Newshounds does the better work. I still feel that way But I canceled my monthly contribution after last night.
The mod has asked me to "please stay off my threads." Fair enough. but If my posts aren't good enough for your threads my money, as little as it might be, isn't good enough to help support you writing them. Like DU I'm not saying I won't contribute but not every month.

Now on to something more pleasant.

Last night wasn't a total cluster fuck spent arguing with moderators over their selective outrage I got the 2007 Nebraska Cornhusker football media guide and flipped through it.


As is the case the past three years it is the NCAA maximum 208 pages but at first blush it seems to be a better guide than the last two. I agreed with the NCAA's decision to limit the pages of the media guides they got way out of hand, but I wish they would have settled in 250 instead of 208. I have every media guide since 1969 and back then they were pocket sized books with about 150 pages

In 1991 they went to the bigger format and by 2003 the book had grown to 455 ( Missouri's was over 600 pages)pages.


In 2005 The NCAA stepped in and said the books could be no bigger than 208 pages. In the case Of Nebraska's media guide they have cut out the season review which use to be my favorite part of the book. Even with the cut back in pages they could still have a game by game season review,
They don't need to use 55 pages to sell Lincoln and the school, and the sickening two page kiss his own ass biography of Steve Pederson could be cut in half easily. Still I look forward every year to getting the media guide. it's a sign that football season is here and this Calcutta like suck my left nut summer shit is on it's way out.

So The Count Pretty Much Sucks At NCAA2008

I finished my first season on NCAA 2008 with a 9-5 record. I am Nebraska naturally and my first year wasn't too smooth. I lost to USC 33-14, I lost to A&M 38-31, Texas twice 31-17 and 24-19 in the Big XII championship. Then came the worst of all...I lost to sorry-assed Ohio University in the motor city bowl 32-24! Frank Solich of all people! For the record I didn't not support the firing of Frank Solich and still consider him a legend of the University of Nebraska as a coach and especially as a player. Even if you thought he should be fired as a coach I do not understand the anger directed by "fans" at a man who gave so much of life to Nebraska. I also am a supporter of Bill Callahan. I don't believe you have to be one or the other, you can be both.


Two death's of Note.

James Bond Continuation novelist John Gardner past away August 3rd at the age of 80. He wrote 14 James Bond Books some Very good, some Pretty good and some not so good but I for one am thankful for his contribution to the series and will miss him. He also created Boysie Oaks a cowardly secret agent who was a parody of James Bond. you can read a fine tribute to him at...

http://commanderbond.net/article/4440

And Lee Hazzelwood, Singer, songwriter and producer died at the age of 78. He had a few hits as a duet partner with Nancy Sinatra such as a remake of the June Carter Johnny Cash hit Jackson and wrote several hit records including These Boots Are Made For Walking for Nancy Sinatra and Jessica Simpson and Houston ( a personal favorite of the Count) for Dean Martin. As a producer he produced among other things Frank and Nancy Sinatra's hit Something Stupid. You can read about him here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20152340/



Late Edit...
Bridge collapses in Minneapolis, A Mine cave in Utah and 36 shooting in 30 days in Omaha on top of a cluster fuck of a war. Oh and this man is the decider!


A coincidence? I think not.

Mitt I Hunt Romney won The Iowa Straw Poll YAWN! but there was some interesting stuff in the yahoo article.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070812/ap_on_el_pr/iowa_straw_poll

Announcement of the results was delayed for 90 minutes because a hand count was required on one of the 18 machines. (oh the Irony)

The biggest loser of the evening likely was former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson, who finished in 6th place with 1,039 votes. He had said repeatedly that if he didn't finish in the top two his campaign was likely to end. He left the event before the results were announced.

In Milwaukee, his campaign said Thompson would make an announcement about his future within 48 hours.

Bye Bye Tommy

And I am not ready to Hang Tweety for Sexual harassment but this is odd to say the least.



That's it. For real this time.

KTF
Count Istvan.
Oh and Watch The Istvan Factor


Thanks ET and Sergei!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Istvan Factor" is a highly-rated Internet program...

Anonymous said...

"The questions still stand. where are the Mods when regulars are being called names on a nightly basis? Why can't they conjure up the same outrage when 2008 or Enrico are spamming up the board that they do when I post something defending them or myself?"

I wonder that myself. I tend try to be 'bantersome'(?) with the regulars and almost always ignore the trolls. In fact, occasionally, I'll drop a little witticism about how we need to ignore them.
Interestingly, these posts by me are almost always deleted, but the original offending troll comments remain.
I, too, appreciate all the NH have done, and really enjoy the interplay with those that I have 'met' there, but I'm not sure I care for the 'cyber-clique' comment.

Anonymous said...

weight=wait. :) I wonder how many other great typos I'll find.

Total Pageviews