Friday, August 17, 2007

More Moderator Madness

Note: More Complaining about the Mods. If that's not what you want to read skip.

I received a PM from a regular who shall remain nameless to tell me that the troll Non-lib* showed up on a thread and proceeded to shit all over it. the writer of the PM then claimed that the regulars were ignoring him. The moderator of the thread in question responded the way The Newshounds moderators always respond. She threatened the regulars while doing nothing to stop the troll. Then she shut off the comments and left this message...

NOTE: Regulars are letting the trolls take over this thread. I have things to do -- aside from sitting at my computer deleting off topic comments all night -- so this post is closed. If you want to yell and scream at each other and put each other down, please go to our forums. Thanks.

It must have broke their hearts that I wasn't on line tonight but I would like to translate the mods message. The bold is from the mods the Italics my translation.


NOTE: Regulars are letting the trolls take over this thread. I have things to do -- aside from sitting at my computer deleting off topic comments all night

I have no idea what to do to stop the trolls and I am too lazy to police the board that I am in charge of so I am blaming the regulars for the fact that I don't know what I am doing.


so this post is closed. If you want to yell and scream at each other and put each other down, please go to our forums. Thanks.

I am going to show all of you I have the power by taking my toys and going home even though none of these threads would get this bad if we spent half the time policing that we spend on power trips and chewing out regulars. We could be spending the time policing our boards instead of writing 5 page petty emails to regulars but we are not about to do that. Thanks.

Now I was outside tonight because the temperature here finally dropped below a thousand and not on Newshounds after 5:30. I didn't see any of the posts in question but having seen the way the moderators of Newshounds work I believe the person who sent me the PM.

It's well known I do not understand the moderation of Newshounds at all. I don't understand why the things that "regulars say" outrages them while they are never anywhere to be found when a troll shows up and shits on their hard work. I even emailed The Newshounds the other night when Non-lib first showed up insulting regulars and asked why they were not moderating his quotes and didn't get a response. Personally I am shocked that even though I wasn't even on tonight I didn't receive an email from the mods blaming me for the mess tonight.

There are 2 things I would like to suggest to the moderators to make Newshounds a better place.

1. Dump haloscan. haloscan sucks and it cause more problems than it solves.
2. Have the Ladies continue to monitor Fox News. they are great at it. Have them write each thread but get somebody else to moderate. Whether it's the time constraints or the fact they just don't know how to monitor a message board. It's obvious they aren't capable of doing both. And things just might get worse. This was left on Crazy Ralph's blog Americaphile...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=34882562&postID=4326600697991591220

Mr. President said...

Ralph,

We appreciate your contributions to ThinkProgress. KKKarl wanted me to tell you that your posts did not go un-noticed.
-----------------------------------
Dr. Dog,

I too am taking a break for a bit. My names still work but I'm going to wait until they let their guard down. Besides, we accomplished what we needed to do so that KKKarl could retire. It was an Honor to serve with you Dr. William Dog, and if you ever change your mind I'm sure you could get back on TP.

There is another liblog called "Newshounds"
http://www.newshounds.us/

The libs there think that I have been banned, but they are wrong. Honestly, it's not as professional as TP was but on a good day the trollin' is entertaining.

Maybe I will see you there.

I have seen what they did to think progress and trust me The Newshounds either don't, won't or can't stop it. I look for 5 or 6 regulars to be banned soon.

* examples of Non libs Civil genius can be found at...
http://rangerbobfriends.blogspot.com/2007/08/wheres-outrage.html
http://rangerbobfriends.blogspot.com/2007/08/this-is-why-chrish-and-michael-can-take.html

And my reaction to the Mods complete lack of reaction even after I emailed them and got no response...

http://forum.newshounds.us/viewtopic.php?t=17894

No comments:

Total Pageviews