Saturday, December 22, 2007

Jolly Old Vince P.

Plus I think a lot of conservatives are also turned off by Huckabee's overt religiousosity. I for one think it's vulgar and totally inappropiate.

So does Peggy Noonan, I think she put it best:

"Only on second look did I see the white lines of the warmly lit bookcase, which formed a glowing cross. Someone had bothered to remove the books from that bookcase, or bothered not to put them in. Maybe they would have dulled the lines.

Is there a word for "This is nice" and "This is creepy"? For that is what I felt. This is so sweet-appalling.

I love the cross. The sight of it, the fact of it, saves me, literally and figuratively. But there is a kind of democratic politesse in America, and it has served us well, in which we are happy to profess our faith but don't really hit people over the head with its symbols in an explicitly political setting, such as a campaign commercial, which is what Mr. Huckabee's ad was.

I wound up thinking this: That guy is using the cross so I'll like him. That doesn't tell me what he thinks of Jesus, but it does tell me what he thinks of me. He thinks I'm dim. He thinks I will associate my savior with his candidacy. Bleh. "
>It's very apparent that the mainstream is high jacking the election, or at least trying to. I'd remember that with viewership when the election is over.

But they do it with every election. It gets more bold year after year.

In 2000 they jumped the gun and prematurely calls the election.

In 2004, CBS decided to it had to ensure a Kerry victory at the price of its own integrity.

In 2006 the media and the Dems sat on the Mark Foley page thing for A YEAR and strategically made it public one month before the election.

Expect lots of media/Dem collusion in this election as well.... expect it to be dirty and nasty and ruthless.

The Democrats are desperate for power (so are the Reps of course), and they will do anything to get it.. and the media will be right there waiting to help.
You make a charge.. prove it.

Don't slander me.
Vince P | 12.22.07 - 7:17 am | #

And don't slander me and then silence my challenge to you to prove what you are accusing me of.

You coward.
So in response to my asking that the lies about me stop, you made another charge.


2. Actions in Defamation:

a) The elements of a defamation action are as follows:

i) The plaintiff must prove publication of the defamatory statement. Publication means the making known of the defamatory statement, after it has been written or spoken, to some person other than the person of whom it is written or spoken;

ii) The plaintiff must prove that the defamation refers to the plaintiff; and

iii) The plaintiff must prove that the statement is defamatory. Simply put, a defamatory statement is "a false statement to a person's discredit".

b) Upon proof of publication, the law makes several presumptions in favour of the plaintiff:

i) That the statement is false;

ii) That it was published with malice; and

iii) In the case of libel or slander per se, the plaintiff has suffered damage.

c) Defences:

i) Truth.

ii) Fair comment: The defendant is allowed to comment on facts truly stated, as long as the comment is fair and the defendant is not motivated by actual malice.

iii) Privilege: On certain occasions, the courts have held that policy and convenience require that a person should be free from responsibility for the publication of defamatory words. These occasions are constitute privileges.
If you're interested.. can you keep track of every objective lie that has been told about you?

Thanks
Vince P | 12.22.07 - 8:00 am
=

Nope. I don't worry about it. I just keep telling them the truth, and they think they're in one of the circles of hell.

To a libtard, a lie is defined as something they'd really rather not hear. Too bad.

Eh?


1 comment:

Sergei Andropov said...

"iii) In the case of libel or slander per se, the plaintiff has suffered damage."

He's been damaged by a blog posting?

Total Pageviews