Monday, April 16, 2007

More From Red State

Dee - before you get too high and mighty on me, I said I was never a soldier. And in spite of your political and social views, and the argument we have here, I do respect the fact that you served. As for being an officer, I was as well. I served the better share of a decade as a deputy sheriff before moving on to better opportunities. I have put myself in harm's way more times than I care to reflect on some days, but I enjoyed my service and do not mention it for any other reason than it seems to be something that you feel gives you the right to have an opinion.

I will cease to carry on this conversation after this post. I was simply responding to your post and standing by what I feel is right. You will not agree with me, nor will you likely ever. We are of two minds and opinions, and I am growing weary of talking to one who cannot hear.

I will simply ask this. Your "bible study" recommendation stated that I might get to know Christ better? How do you think he would feel about abortion? Seriously, if you think Christ would say, "well, it is a woman's right to choose" then so be it. That is your view. As to us meeting in hell, it is possible. Just because I know the difference between right and wrong doesn't mean I act the difference. I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be holier than thou. So indeed we may meet one day as I am sure you will no doubt be waiting for me.

And bronxboy, have you noticed that you continue to post yet nobody replies? You throw out the same old tired left-wing arguments that I always hear from those who's views are so dangerously skewed that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

And no, little man, I am not a member of a cult. I am a regular guy, I believe in Christ and his teachings and know that I violate them far more regularly than I should. That does not mean I will sit back and hope the rest of our culture slips down a slippery slope so that I do not need to work to improve my behavior. I am also not some right-wing preacher who runs around demanding that everyone worship in school and have a state sponsored religion. I stand by what conservatism is, and religious morality does play a part. You have shown that you are wrong on everything you say, yet you keep saying it. Keep up the good work. We need more liberals like you out there.

Posted by: RedStateConservative () on Tue 4.17 5:14am

No comments:

Total Pageviews