Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Maureen Leaves And Red State Shows Up

DrFreedom,

I have blasted you in the past for your weak posts, but the last couple I have seen haven't been bad. Perhaps I judged you a bit too soon. Not to say that I agree with whatever point you attempting to make with women being forced to have abortions ... and I disagree on principle with some of your statements, however ...

Did you notice that I posted earlier that in some cases (e.g. rape, incest, or the death of a mother if she were to take a pregnancy to term) I could see abortion being the lesser of the evils. I agree ... wait a minute, let's look at that again, I agree with the general sentiment you are stating. I think abortion is wrong, period. But, if it is to happen, it should be extremely rare and safe. I disagree that I am a holy-roller as portrayed. When the thread hit the topic of whether or not abortion is purely a woman making some change to her body and that should be just fine, I strongly disagree. I tend to argue in an extreme manner when met with the same or when the topic calls for it. It is not a power trip as some of the feminists have stated. Why should men waste their time trying to micro-manage women's bodies. But the killing of an unborn child is wrong. I do agree though, that there are always occasions where wrong is the better alternative.

Why is it wrong to suggest that parents work harder to instill religious, or otherwise, morality and ethics into their kids? In general when you look at our nation, morality is in thin supply. I do NOT believe it is the government or schools responsibility to teach kids about sex, abortions, or such things. They are filling a void left by parents who do not take an active interest in their children. Somebody needs to fill that void, but it should be the parents. If the government wants to play a part, or the schools want to, encourage parents to RAISE THEIR KIDS. Perhaps it is idealistic, when I am generally a realist, but why do we have to just give up. If we do not try to make our country a better place and just accept the lowest common denominator, that is what we will continue to produce.

Abortion is wrong, though I do not condone the whackos who burn the clinics, I think there should be more to it than just walking into a clinic and having a quick in and out procedure. The way our culture and civilization continue to devalue life in such a way, we are slowly killing our souls. So I take a strong conservative and religious attitude to the argument ... that way makes far more sense.

I am not going to waste my time going back to get my exact quote, I will leave that to those who are anal enough to try to use a misquote to discredit me. I never implied that you should not teach your children about safety with regards to sex. I think in addition to teaching them right from wrong, and instilling ethics and morality in them, they should have the birds / bees speech ... from their parents. Children should be informed and raised to make their own decisions, and though mistakes are always made, they should have the knowledge to make good decisions.

I know this post is long and a bit all over the place, I actually apologize for that. I will summarize that you are right again, it is not a perfect world ... pretty damn far from it. That does not mean we should cease to try our best to make it one. And I will not give ground on ru-486 or late term abortions (except in the cases stated above as the lesser of two evils). Our society needs to hold itself accountable and be responsible rather than providing more excuses and means to avoid responsibility.

Posted by: RedStateConservative () on Wed 4.18 6:59am

Obviously you are a man. Therefore your opinion on abortion are null and void.
(Hmm, that isn't feminist talk?)

The day I see a pro-lifer put down there picket sign with the image of an aborted fetus, and offer to take on the responsibility of this unwanted child (for whatever reason) is the day I will start respecting pro-lifers.
(I would encourage them to take responsibility for their own actions)

I forgot to ask, does your wife have a period too? Have you shamed her for having abortion once a month too?

From one real pussy who had the balls that you so lack to another pussy,

You are seriously fucked in the head.

Why do you love the abortion after birth? I guess we should call the Death penalty, the Abortion penalty. Maybe we should call the Iraq war, The Persian Abortion war. Or maybe we should call guns, Abortion equipment.

The bible does not say that marriage shall be between only a man and a woman. In fact, it does specifically talk about your personal relationship with God being one of a marriage relationship.
(umm, it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve ... and are you actually suggesting that Christians are "gay for God" ... wow!)

An 'unoccupied womb' . . a beautiful thing to waste!

P-I-S-S off you fool!!! Go make your deposits in your wife's recepticle and create a zygote, then watch her belly grow, and when he's born, show him what real men do . . go quail hunting; make America proud!

+++++++
Why would I ever refer to some of the statements made as lunacy? Hmm, no clue. And as for Rush ... yep, I am a subscriber and listen along with 20 million other Americans. I do not hear you arguing or debating his views. Instead you act as though he is supposed to be some moral compass and attempt to rip him on that view, he is a political commentator.

bronxboy ... are you still posting? Why?

MTL - I will bring the cigars. :)

Posted by: RedStateConservative () on Wed 4.18 7:17am


No comments:

Total Pageviews