Monday, February 28, 2011

Putting Quantum Of Solace In Its Rightful place

I have already ranked the James Bond films in my order of preference here so I will not bore anybody going through the list again. I refrained from ranking QOS purposely because after a movie first comes out I often think it's the one of the best only to see it drop down the list as time goes on. See Die Another Day which I came out of the theater ranking as high as 3rd and it's now much lower. ( and yes I am one of the few that still likes Die Another Day) I think 2 1/2 years is long enough to ruminate. I wrote after seeing QOS in the theater that I thought it was border line top 5 Bond. After seeing it again for the first time in at least a year, probably longer, I stand by that. I rank it 6th on my all time James Bond list. Make it a tad less cutesy with the quick edits give it a better villain with a better scheme than that of stealing the South American water supply and it would rank even higher.

So in short I liked the movie then I like it now. I am ready for Bond 23.

No comments:

Total Pageviews