Wednesday, August 18, 2010

War Is Over!

By now, you've seen the video footage of the last of U.S. ground troops leaving Iraq, thus ending Operation: Iraqi Freedom. 50,000 U.S. forces will stay to train the Iraqi army, and provide security for the country for the time being. Most of you who have read my blogs, both at Jonathan's Corner and on B&D, know my stance on the Iraq war, so I won't continute to beat a dead horse. Instead, let me take this time and this space to thank the men and women who served with the upmost honor and disinction during tour after tour. These brave souls answered the call when their country called on them to serve, and did their job to the best of their ability. For that, they have my, and a nation's, eternal thanks for doing what they did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jonathan, as I know thousands of soldiers are reading your site on a daily basis.

I am sure they really appreciate your kind words.

Total Pageviews