Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cliffs Notes Version Of What Happened Last Night.

First of all thank you to all who sent me a PM today that I couldn't answer because of the banishment. And I'll write more about this later.

Before 9 central time I write a post here as my answer to their outrage quote post called Worst mods of the week.

After 11 I erase post not before Ellen sees it.

About 1 I am posting on her thread I may have posted 6 times on a thread littered with trolls and reaction to the trolls. (troll comments here) 3 of those posts were about trolls.

1. to point out the irony that Fast Eddie signed off, and Bato was gone as well,
2. to point out that no sooner had they left that Bob was there.
3 to laugh at bob for his law and order BS when he defends Republican law breakers all the time.

Ellen shows up with posts below

Ellen goes to off topic to wait for me to insult her, I don't take the bait.

I PM Yakki and tell him I am conflicted. I want to stay because I love the people who post on Newshounds but know I am going to get banned eventually so why not go out in style?

I leave to take a bath and think about the situation.

I decide I can't take the environment on newshounds anymore and PM some regulars to tell them my email addy.

I start a thread on off topic telling her to do what she's got to do.

I PM Ellen and tell her off.

I post on the mains telling Bob off figuring I would be banned there as well may as well go out with glory.

I leave.

I am not by the way banned on the mains.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, fuck, Count!
I really hope that you and Ellen can get this worked out.
All the crap going down at that site is starting to wear thin.
I'm really sick of threads being over-run with troll shit, not to mention all the bickering and bad feelings.
NH without you an Yakki wouldn't be Newshounds.

Anonymous said...

Thank you MLP.

Anonymous said...

Here's my thing:

Trolls are trolls. It doesn't matter if they're posting on topic or not. Each one of them can't keep the facade up for long,and after that,it's no use even trying to be civil in answering them.

But here's the kicker. They aren't there to disrupt conversation usually. They are there to spread disinformation. Long assed,lying screeds are left up on mains topics EVERY thread,because regulars are supposed to let them be.

What's the point? Should anyone stand by and not take apart a lie? Just let it sit and fester,there as if it's actually truth? No one touching it?

I'm sorry,I cannot,and will not do that. And hell,I may end up banned again. But I'll be damned,honestly,if I'm going to let their lies stand unchallenged.

Anonymous said...

Yakki and Count,
Maybe because I'm and old guy, I see things defferently than both of you. Maybe not more coorectly, but differently.
The purpose of trolls that you didn't mention is to get us banned, or the thread closed, or to cause bickering among us. In that, they've been very successful.
Who cares if their comments are left lying on the threads for any amount of time? I kinds like when the worst of their posts are displayed there for a time, because then it gives us (the good guys) a visual reminder of exactly how dumb, vile and hateful they can be. Commenting about what they say, and commenting directly to them seem to be 2 different things to the mods anyway.
Look, I've been around a long time, many different places and a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I no longer feel it necessary to prove myself better, wiser, tougher or more human to every nameless, faceless and clueless individual who, in the final analysis, has no lasting effect on the quality of my life. In order to keep my winning percentage high, I choose my battles more carefully now.
Each of you has far too much to offer to this blog (and to society and the 'cause' in general) to let yourselves be sabotaged by those so obviously your lessors.

Anonymous said...

Well,that's what I've been doing MLP,mostly. Just commenting to others about how stupid their posts are.

I think I've been doing fairly well in that regard,as I'm not being deleted hardly at all. I've been trying not to directly speak to them if possible. Soemtimes I fail,and don't mind the deletions.

That's the way to go about it honestly,to me. What we've all been trying to do. And it's produced some very humorous results,lol.

Anonymous said...

"Just commenting to others about how stupid their posts are."

Exactly right, Yakster. And you have not even been threatened with banishment lately, have you?
You're NOT the problem....and I'm sure you're aware of that.

Besides, how mant times does posting "You're a stupid fuck!" feel good? Even I get tired of talking and have to get to the 'choking' part eventually. Since that's not realistic on these here 'internets' I'm content to ignore them.
By the way, have you seen anything funnier as the ignored trolls desperately address regular after regular trying to get anyone to respond? Now, that's stickin' it to 'em.

Anonymous said...

I was banned for something I said over here. Also The mod in question is going over to off topic to threaten people. She is ego run a muck.

Anonymous said...

I think that's the difference Count,honestly.

It wasn't anything you did on the mains,but on the off topic. Which is supposed to be a minimally regulated area for everyone to air their kvetches.

And your comments here,well,what have they got to do with anything really? This blog isn't run by Newshounds,it's yours.

I think that's what's got me baffled about this whole deal. Just kind of surreal.

Total Pageviews